Just sit and think for a moment how good it will feel to be happy with your body.
To look in the mirror and smile - liking what you see.
To spend your time thinking about and enjoying your day rather than obsessing about
food - freeing yourself from the hold it has on you, and seeing it for what it is
- nutrition not comfort.
How many of these apply to you and your relationship with food?
- I constantly count calories
- I know the carbohydrate content of all foods
- I know the fat content of all foods
- I'm either on a diet or off a diet
- I only eat diet food
- I feel out of control with food
- Dieting is more important than good nutrition
- Hunger is a constant companion
- Hunger is a foreign feeling to me
- I eat to prevent hunger
- I wait until I'm extremely hungry before I eat
If several of these are very familiar to you and you're looking for some help from
someone who knows how you feel, you've come to the right place.
Here at Leamington hypnosis I can help with all sorts of eating disorders:
- Binge eating
- Weight loss
Weight Loss and Body Sculpture...
Take a look at this questionnaire:
- I weigh myself daily (Yes/No)
- My weight determines how I feel about myself (Yes/No)
- When I discover I've gained a pound I panic (Yes/No)
- I want to lose weight quickly (Yes/No)
- My weight prevents me from achieving other goals in my life (Yes/No)
- I want to lose weight for my husband/significant other (Yes/No)
- I want to lose weight for an upcoming event (Yes/No)
- I want to achieve the 'ideal' body (Yes/No)
- I avoid mirrors and window reflections (Yes/No)
- I'm depressed when I look though fashion magazines (Yes/No)
- I avoid social events because of my weight (Yes/No)
- I dislike my body (Yes/No)
[From 'Outsmarting the Female Fat Cell' by Debra Waterhouse]
In my experience most women answer yes to half of these statements. So if you did
you're not alone. Now I want you to think about someone who is anorexic [whether
you know someone personally or just know of the condition through things you've
seen in the media].
Look back at these same statements again. How would the anorexic girl answer, what
would she be thinking?
She would answer yes to all of them - and she would be more extreme with all of
them than any weight loss client I've ever met.
Losing weight is about how you feel about yourself!
Imagine if I could flip a switch in your head and get you out of the diet mentality,
the hunger and going without, the "only 2 more weeks / 6 more pounds to go then I can finish this diet" thinking, the deprivation followed by the pigging out, the
"I've been good all week so I'm going to be 'naughty' on my girl's night": whether
that's chocolate; wine or ice-cream.
Look at your skinny friends - they can eat a chocolate biscuit without terrible
guilt pangs. But they will eat 1 or 2 not the whole packet. They do have an 'off
switch' and so can you when we put you back in touch with your body. This is so
easy with hypnosis.
I'm very fond of Gok Wan and his programme 'how to look good naked'. But I've never
felt a need to get my kit off in public to feel good about myself and, don't
worry, I won't be encouraging you to do that either. But what I do love is the journey
on an emotional level these women take. Gok is such a nurturer. That's why so many
British women think he's lovely.
Before you begin to make changes in your habits, you must first make some changes
in your attitudes and how you feel about yourself. This is such a simple thing to
do with hypnosis, and we all need a little help sometimes. People often associate
weight loss with happiness, but actually I think you've got to find your own happiness
inside yourself in order to be able to let go of the weight. So many people are
actually holding onto their weight - not always consciously for all kinds of reasons:
- For protection
- For defence
- When we feel stress
- When we're feeling nervous
- To fill a void
- To reward ourselves
- For a momentary good feeling
- To punish ourselves for being unhappy
...or whatever else it maybe. Here at Leamington hypnosis I've had lots of experience
with helping people manage all kinds of weight problems.
You're in safe hands as over the years I helped people who were 20 stone + as well
as many who wanted to shed only 1 or 2 stone.
I do this by tailoring the sessions to your needs and personality. When we put your
body back in balance and spring clean out bottled up emotions from your mind, you
will never have to diet again. You will learn to eat whatever you desire without
guilt and without weight gain. Most importantly you will naturally lose as much
weight as is realistically and genetically possible for you at a safe and healthy
rate. Liking your body and accepting it for your own unique shape and body type.
I recommend a few books:
- "Outsmarting the female fat cell" by Debra Waterhouse
- "Eat right 4 your type" by Dr Peter J D'Adamo
These 2 books alone will kick-start any weight loss, but I found…
- "The Adam and Eve diet" by Roderick Lane & Sarah Stacey
- "Eat right for your metabolic type" by Dr Cass Ingram
…filled in a missing gap in my understanding of my body and a must for anybody that
has had long term health issues as well as a need to lose weight.
Also I like the attitudes to food in:
- "Why French women don't get fat" by Mireille Guiliano
- "101 things to do before you diet" by Mimi Spencer
So do something today and get hold of the top two books in the list, call me on
07863 156392 and come and see me for a free, no obligation chat.